Wednesday, August 13, 2008

This Blog's Purpose


The purpose of this blog is pretty simple--- to document the happenings of the United States Men's National Soccer Team from today, where we lost in the fashion of a Shakespearian tragedy to Nigeria and missed the medal round at the 2008 Olympic Games, up until and including our performance in the 2010 World Cup. I'll do my best to focus on qualifying matches, write reviews, with the help of some of my fellow Sam's Army pals, on American matches in qualifying, and to keep things somewhat optimistic when need dictates. I can't guarantee I'll be funny-- though I'll try and I may end up at least making myself laugh, which is really the idea anyway. Finally, I'll avoid absolute conclusory statements about our performances, and I'll avoid absolute conclusions about all American players outside of Eddie Johnson, who has the worst first-touch in the history of the world. I will avoid absolute statements because I absolutely abhor absolutists. That's about all for now. More on the tragedy of this morning in a bit. There's a cute girl sitting by me in Starbucks I want to keep making eyes at.


No comments: